IGNORED

HiFi Rose RS130 network transport

I had RS 130 as a demo ,  fiber Ethernet sounded the best , removes need for an expensive Ethernet switches .

It seems to be caching track on the local ssd and can play entire song without any network connection, I find it good way to test if my Ethernet is adding anything to the sound .

5 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Fiber ethernet sounded best? Better than playing the entire song without any network connection?

I was using my focal stelia to better capture sound and compare  , I was unable to hear difference after unplugging fiber cable within 2-3 seconds after playback started ( it seems to only take few seconds for rose to cache a Qobous track . 
however regular Ethernet behaved differently, while small change was still there, and Music sounded better if I would unplug ethernet cable after would start. 

4 hours ago, bodiebill said:

Thanks. Apparently the fiber network connection does not do much harm when it no longer carries an audio stream. Good to hear as unplugging is a bit of a chore.

Fiber helps to block RF noise, and with it caching steaming content I can’t imagine how audiophile network would help here , maybe if you use Roon or any other stream that requires constant network connection but with native qouboz streaming it caching track inside local nvme drive and playing content from it.

Quite an upgrade to my Sonore optocalrendu.. 

I’ve tried Innous zenith 3 and Auralic ares 2.1 . 

RS130 is best sounding streamer I’ve tried so far