IGNORED

Allo Digione doesn't output signal

spr1

Hello allo-community,

recently i bought a digione hat for my raspi4. The raspi is running Picoreplayer 8.2 with the official 7" touchscreen and an older Hiffiberry Digi without any problems for some years now. I then exchanged the hat to run the Allo Digione in the same setup. This is what i've done:

1. switched the soundcard from Hifiberry Digi to Allo digione in squeezelite setup with reboot

2. removed the hifiberry digi and installed the allo digione

3. started the player

4. no sound with the player connected to my marantz cinema 70s cinch spdif input

5. setup a new sd card with picoreplayer image selecting the allo digione as soundcard and installing jivelite for the display

6. now there was a signal on the spdif output

7. enjoyed music for aroud 2 hours the the music started to stutter und the turned completely off

8. restarted the player and it worked again

9. the next day i started the player and there was no sound

10. reinstalled the old hifiberry switching the soundcard in squeezelite and immideately had sound

11. swithed again to allo digione with no success

till now the hifiberry digi just works and the allo digione has no output

PS: i'm using official raspi4 psu (5.1V/3A)

regards

Uwe

I had a similar problem -- the RPi I bought from Amazon had two or three heatsinks already installed.  When the Allo Digione was installed, the heatsinks were shorting out the bottom of the Digione board -- everything else seemed normal -- except there was no audio output.  A little electrical tape between the heatsink and the bottom of the Digione board fixed it. So maybe check for shorts like that.

I checked again, there ara no heatsinks on the raspi installed, so no shorts on the Allo Digione. In the meantime i tried another image - max2play. I configured it as described on their web page, but no luck. The Digione won't output on SPDIF. There are two LEDs on the Digione top layer they are both green when the device is powered. I think the device is just defective ... my older Hifiberry Digi just works with every image i've tested immediately.