IGNORED

Streamer app: mark favorite songs permanently

Hello,

I ask for advice on the following question:

I am looking for a streamer with a corresponding app where I can permanently mark individual songs as favorites in the overview of an album. All files are stored locally. With Lumin and HiFi Rose, for example, I can mark favorite songs as favorites with a "heart" for a short time, but I have to create a "favorites" playlist. If I call up the album again, the marked heart is gone.

Computer-based solutions like Roon and iTunes can permanently mark individual songs, but is there a streamer available where individual tracks stay permanently marked in the album view?

• 2 weeks later...

I had an Aurender & believe that’s possible (uses their proprietary app “Conductor” which is IMO really very good).

Unfirtunately I no longer have it so cannot check for you. 

Grimm Mu-1 > Mola Mola Makua/DAC > Luxman m900u > Vivid Audio Kaya 90

On 8/7/2023 at 10:36 AM, Walter Walter said:

Thank you very much for this information. I will check with Aurender.

I think a bit of googling will help, eg:

https://ask.aurender.com/hc/en-us/articles/360038372934-Streaming-Favorites-and-Add-To-Library-Feature

I think this article directly answers your question… “There is a subtle distinction between "Favorites" and Conductor's unique "Add to Library" feature. "Favorites" are saved in your streaming account information database, while "Add to Library" content gets added directly to your Aurender internal library database. "Add to Library" works as an amazing tool to help you curate a vast personalized music library - it helps blur the line between local content and streaming content…

10 hours ago, Walter Walter said:

Thank you for the link. I checked the Aurender FAQ, but I think it does not answer my question. I understand that I can add my preferred streaming content to my local Aurender library. But I want to permanently mark individual tracks of my local content already stored on the device.

see 

https://ask.aurender.com/hc/en-us/articles/360034885713-Setting-Star-Ratings

Conductor fully supports favourites at the level of tracks, as well as albums

the previous link I sent was also titled “”Favorite" Artists, Albums, Songs, and Playlists”

which gives a good indication of the granularity & flexibility of their favourites etc…

Suggest you do a bit of googling and digging around in the excellent online Aurender help/ user manuals… it’ll give you a much better idea of the capabilities rather than simple question & answer. There are also a number of videos online that show the interface in action.