IGNORED

Fidelia Sample Rate w/ W4S DAC2

liddown

While I am sorting out the issues with Pure Music and the W4S DAC2, I started to demo Fidelia. When I look at the hardware sample rate setting in Fidelia my only choice is 44K. With PM I can real time up-sample to 192k and the USB connection to the W4S will show 192K at the DAC. If I go to the MIDI settings I can see all the rates, but it will allow only 44K to be selected.... OK newbie here what am I missing?

Been searching and can find nothing..... unless this is an advanced feature that is not included in the demo....

Thanks

Mac Mini w/ Keces PS & Mojo PS filter, Plinius Sa-250 MkIV-S, Primaluna Dialogue 3, B&W 800 Diamond v2, W4S DAC2DSDse, EA Offramp 5 w/ Hynes PS, REL R-528, Audioquest Diamond, Columbia and Oak cables, VPI Aries with Lyra Delos, Fosgate Signature Phono Stage.

that part of the paid/registered version. I believe it mentions on the web site that it is not part of the demo, but I may be remembering that from elsewhere. The advanced features will absolutely allow you to upsample to a rate of your choice with some shaping features that you can alter as well. Don't ask me exactly what those do...I have my suspicions, but I am going to keep them to myself until someone smarter than me brings it up! The feature is great. I don't hear a HUGE difference in SQ but there is definitely a subtle quality lent it that in my opinion tends to open up the sound a bit (it also makes the program buggy as all heck). While not my favorite UI by any means, the player is audibly magnitudes above anything I have used consistently. Buggy but if you are looking from a pure SQ POV it's marvelous even on my modest system.

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

OK bought the licenses (basic and advanced) still no visual options for up-sampling and still stuck at 44K... ( The do have a refund policy ) but there is a screen shot on the website that shows a sample rate box with an up-sample check box, but it does not appear on the application (with the licenses activated).....

Mac Mini w/ Keces PS & Mojo PS filter, Plinius Sa-250 MkIV-S, Primaluna Dialogue 3, B&W 800 Diamond v2, W4S DAC2DSDse, EA Offramp 5 w/ Hynes PS, REL R-528, Audioquest Diamond, Columbia and Oak cables, VPI Aries with Lyra Delos, Fosgate Signature Phono Stage.

Select Preferences, then Output. Select your Device Sample Rate. Select the Converter and Quality.

Have some joy!

Wavelength Silver Crimson/Denominator USB DAC, Levinson 32/33H, Synergistic Research Cables and AC cables, Shunyata Hydra V-Ray II with King Cobra CX cable, Wilson Sasha WP speakers with Wilson Watch Dog Sub. Basis Debut V Vacuum turntable/ Grahm Phantom/Koetsu Jade Platinum. MacBook Pro 17\" 2.3GHz Quad Core i7, 8GB RAM, Pure Music, Decibel, Fidelia, AudioQuest Diamond USB Cable.

I did what Lars did with the same results...it worked. I would absolutely contact support as I hear from the other thread that they are fantastic about supporting their product (2 updates in about 2 or 3 weeks I think). I cannot say for sure but I would imagine that considering how much a license is, that their support would be good. Of course, I have heard the opposite about Amarra from some. Did you try what Lars outlined?

Macbook Pro 2010->DLNA/UPNP fed by Drobo->Oppo BDP-93->Yamaha RXV2065 ->Panasonic GT25 -> 5.0 system Bowers & Wilkins 683 towers, 685 surrounds, HTM61 center ->Mostly SPDIF, or Analog out. Some HDMI depending on source[br]Selling Art Is Tying Your Ego To A Leash And Walking It Like A DoG[br]

Thanks guys... But still no joy... Maybe a bug in the new release 1.0.5..

In the output section I can see the W4S driver as the selected driver, however the on rate choice that shows up 44K... If I hit configure the Audio MIDI program starts and I can see all the sample rates, but it will not allow any selection other than 44K. If I quit Fidelia and manually open the Audio MIDI utility I can select 192K, and see the result on the DAC2 as 192K, but as soon as I start Fidelia the rate goes to 44K and there is no option to change it....

Mail sent to support, we will see what they have to say....

I think your problem is with the DAC and Audio Midi setup if the Audio midi will only let you choose 44.1. Fidelia's output preferences should allow you to select the sample rate in the "Device Sample Rate" dropdown. If you only see 44.1 in this drop down, make sure you have your DAC (your USB device) selected in the Audio Output drop down.

Since you have a MAC and you DAC supports SPDIF, you might try hooking up a mini toslink cable to see if you get more sample rates with the built in output selection on the Audio Output drop down.

Note: this pic shows "built in output" selected because I don't have a USB DAC connected.

Thanks... I do have the Audio output drop down box set for the W4S DAC (not built-in)... And yes, I still only see 44.1K as a choice in the Device Sample Rate pulldown (along with don't change and match song)... The W4S operates correctly with both Amarra, and PM (although there appears to be a random audio drop bug with PM)...

Again I can change Audio Midi setting if Fidelia is not running to 192K and can see the DAC2 has changed, but as soon as Fidelia starts Audio Midi is over written and set back to 44.1K..... With Fidelia running I cannot successfully select 192K in Audio Midi..... No joy LOL....

Hi, I have the same DAC as Liddown and I've been experiencing the same problems with the full demo version of Fidelia (up to 1.0.5).

So instead of paying a fair amount of cash until it is fixed, I've switched to Audirvana, which is just ideal and VERY intuitive in terms of upsampling.

But to me, Amarra 2.1.1 in playlist & cache mode remains the best player in terms of musical fidelity... despite too MANY bugs!!!

Manley Stingray II - Cardas Golden Cross - Pascal Louvet Horus - Super Tweeters

Mac Mini '09/Kalos PSU - Amarra 2.4.1 - MSB DAC IV - USB Essentia - YBA Diamond

Pro-Ject 2Xperience - Speed Box II SE - Tube Box II SE - Supra EFF ISL

GigaWatt PF2 - LC2

Just a quick update that the fine folks behind Fidelia are working on a fix for this bug....