IGNORED

Asus Xonar Essence STX ASIO Trouble.

Hey guys, I was previously using a juli@ card but it was a bit of a headache trying to set everything up properly so I decided to switch to the essence stx.

I downloaded the latest driver/software for the card, configured the device for playback under win7 according to the article on the site, and setup jriver according to Chris' settings in his asus xonar article but I get no sound when using asio as an output mode. WASAPI Event style works fine, and I have yet to try kernel streaming.

Just wondering if anyone else with the essence has had trouble getting their card going with asio?

Also while on the subject, and i'm sure it has been covered before, what are the differences/pros/cons of the different output modes (asio, wasapi, wasapi-event, kernel streaming). Any link to a site that explains the difference of these 4 output modes would be much appreciated.

hello,

I just purchased a xonar essence stx yesterday. I formatted my hard drive before installing (i had a x-fi installed previously) and I downloaded latest drivers. So far using ASIO with 1.45 second buffer seems to work fine. I did have one 24/96 song clip on me which i never heard with the x-fi but i played the same song 3 more times and had no issues. I am running windows 7 x64. The one question I have is it seems the asus software is always running without any way to disable it. It sets a default bit rate which I am a bit confused about.

But the ASIO driver so far other than that one hiccup has been perfect.