IGNORED

Microphone Recomendation for Outdoor Use. ?

Hey Guys, I'm new to the forum so I hope I've selected the proper 'Channel'. So.. I'm hoping some of you good people can point me in the right direction. I'm looking for a microphone to use outdoors which can often be quite windy. I'm from the UK so the weather here is generally poor. I'm hoping you can advise what sort of setup i will need. My basic idea is a set of headphones for real time listening but also to have the microphone record if possible. Ive had a look on amazon and they do these small parabolic microphones and headphones for about £40 but they look like some cheep import and are likely as nasty as they are poor performance. I don't really know what range I'm looking for. I don't know what my options are and i expect it depends on how much i wish to spend but I'm taking a wild guess and would like to say 100 feet ? is that impossible or easy to do ? I don't know anything about audio equipment in general so am a total novice but hope you can provide me with some suggestions and instruction on some of the jargon as i have no idea ! Thanks for your time and patience in this matter. Kind Regards From the UK.