IGNORED

Allo Digione signature soldering contact USB C

Hi everyone,

I tried contacting Allo directly but it seems I am not the only one not getting an answer from them...

The Rpi USB-C power connector just came of when unplugging the cable. I only plugged/unplugged it 5 times or so. I guess it was not properly soldered. So I wanted to solder it back on but unfortunately, one of the contacts just came off. 

Does anyone know if that is a problem or can just be ignored?  As far as I understand it, it is just power, not a data connection. So not sure if the small contacts really have a role here?

Can I just ignore it and solder the rest of the contacts?

Thank you!

image.thumb.jpeg.18b00aea4532389e75c2f2c88e7a19c6.jpeg

Good suggestion, why didn't I think of that...

I just connected the broken off connector to power and measured the voltage. The pin that is broken off on the PCB carries 5V (as do several other ones).

So I hope these are connected somewhere on the PCB and do not need 3 different 5V inputs. 

Unfortunately, I cannot solder anything to the dirty power connector pins on the digione signature board.

I was thinking to directly attach the 5V 'dirty power'  somewhere on the board. I checked online but could not find anything. Does anyone know where I need to connect?

I tried powering the RPi directly but it only works if the digione is not connected. Once I connect the digione, the Rpi does not light up anymore. So I guess it needs to be powered through the digione...

There are just 8 pins as connectors fron the top larger digione board to the smaller one below. One of these must be the 5V dirty power and one GND. I could just solder a cable there. Could someone measure it and check?

Thanks!