IGNORED

ath-ad900x or Hifiman XS, what to choose.

Hi

I'm currently looking to upgrade my Sennheizer Game one headset with a new one. Since the corona lock down, I've started to work a lot from home and the Sennheizers are getting old and need to be replaced.

I've looked everywhere for a replacement, I've tried Hifiman Ananda, talked with audiophiles and read reviews. And currently I've boiled it down to either ath-ad900x or the Hifiman XS, my motherboard is capable of driving a 600 Ohms headset but buying an external amp is also possible. I've looked at (https://twister6.com/2021/12/21/lotoo-paw-s2/amp/).

Mic is not important since i will by this as a standalone.

Problem here is that. Ive been unable to find a direct compare between the two since they are in different class.

When ever i talk to an Audiophile they tend to recommend the Hifiman since they are "pro audio". However I've seen many reviews where the ATH-AD900X reportedly have a wider sound-stage and as such 3d positioning is better. (Which is preferable in FPS games).

So is there anyone in here who can shed some light on what would be best. I am currently leaning to the ath-ad900x.

Regards

• Ephreal changed the title to ath-ad900x or Hifiman XS, what to choose.