IGNORED

Jriver (iso's) -> HQ Player

avank

@Miska I have some concert Blu-ray Discs that I want decoded to multi-channel PCM in Jriver and then piped to HQPlayer on my Win11 PC.  Has someone found a reliable way to loopback audio on Win11?  I tried VB-Audio virtual cable and LoopBeAudio; the latter did not work for me and I could only get 2-channels to work with the former driver.

Also, I am assuming that when sending HQPlayer multi-channel audio do I need to change “audio:default/44100/2” to “audio:default/44100/6”?

Thx,

Sumit.

23 hours ago, bogi said:

I'm using VAC reliably although I'm using it only for 2ch playback. VAC site says: "Almost any of fixed point PCM audio formats (1000..384000 samples per second, 8..32 bits per sample, 1..32 channels)."

Thx for pointing VAC out.  I downloaded it and tried the trial version.  The SW is very capable.  2ch playback is fine, but I have not been able to get multi-ch playback to work.  Perhaps my PC is getting overloaded.  I will revert back to SoX in JRiver if I cannot get this to work.  Thx again.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, bogi said:

What for special config is required for multichannel?

I was having an issue where I could connect one, but not both apps, to the VAC endpoint.  The author pointed out that this was most likely caused by the stream format being set to "Cable format".  Changing this back to "Cable range" resolved the issue.  I was playing around with several settings in the control panel and changed this at some point not realizing that this would cause the problem.

I was also having issues just changing the settings in the control panel as it kept saying that the device was busy.  To get around this, I had to stop the "Windows Audio" service, change the settings, and then restart the service.