IGNORED

Alloboss2 wifi dongle not working with dual supply

Hi there,

I have purchased for my dad an alloboss2 that has been working great being powered by an allo shanti (currently one supply), with ropieee and using Roon as the music source via Wifi through the dongle that's supplied on the allo.com website.

I tried last weekend to get two supply from the shanti. So i removed the j18 jumpers, made sure that change the 3v and 5v supply from the shanti to the boss2. Boss2 starts fine with oled all working except it doesn't seem to connect to the Wifi anymore. Doing it via ethernet seems to work (though i don't have the ability to have an ethernet connection nearby the Amp the DAC is connected to so not an option) but the wifi dongle does not connect when dual supply is feeding the alloboss2.

Could you please help?

thanks,

Jules

14 hours ago, djudju said:

Hi there,

I have purchased for my dad an alloboss2 that has been working great being powered by an allo shanti (currently one supply), with ropieee and using Roon as the music source via Wifi through the dongle that's supplied on the allo.com website.

I tried last weekend to get two supply from the shanti. So i removed the j18 jumpers, made sure that change the 3v and 5v supply from the shanti to the boss2. Boss2 starts fine with oled all working except it doesn't seem to connect to the Wifi anymore. Doing it via ethernet seems to work (though i don't have the ability to have an ethernet connection nearby the Amp the DAC is connected to so not an option) but the wifi dongle does not connect when dual supply is feeding the alloboss2.

Could you please help?

thanks,

Jules

While connecting dual power supply to Boss 2 player  , you are connecting shanti's 5V 3A to RPI board  (through RPI's usb-c connector )and shanti's 5V 1A to Boss 2 DAC (Through DC in connector of Boss DAC) right? Forwarded PM also please check.