IGNORED

Pono possible repair?

I have two Pono players — my yellow KS and a silver FF I found on EBay. My KS now refuses to boot past the Ayre screen and the FF apparently has a corrupted Nirvana file that locks up (fails) the boot process. I have opened both up and have installed fresh batteries. Neither will connect to Mac or Windows via known-good USB. Does anyone have a handle on possible repair strategies?

• 1 month later...

Sorry so late getting back to you on this. Is the Nirvana file on a card or in the internal memory? If internal memory, there isn't much that can be done. Don't know anyone that specializes in repairing them. It would be tough without a schematic. Are you sure the USB cable is a 4 wire charge and data cord? There are a lot of charge only cables.

The only other thing to try is holding O button for about 30 seconds to see if it will reset.

Thanks,

Doug A

Thx for your reply, Doug. Sadly had to give up on my Pono revival attempts and purchase a Fiio M11Plus — dramatically superior in just about every way: bigger, heavier, waaaaay more expensive.  That said, also waaaay more convenient and (yes) even better sounding.