IGNORED

USB Revolution DAC No more sound

Dear Support Team,

I am using the Allo USBBridge signature (Volumio) + Allo Revolution DAC.

It was really a nice setup with a sound quality, above than expected, with a lot of natural and pleasure to listen without auditive fatigue, thanks for that.

Unfortunatelly I have an issue which seems coming from the DAC, I can't get any sound output.

The DAC is still recognized by volumio, and display is responsive to inputs, but I have no sound. When I reinstall everything, I got 1 or 2 sec sound, and nothing after. Sometimes, I have an error explaining output is no more available, and rev DAC is no more visible as USB output.

I had some issue with the USB cable (yours as well), which seems to be defective, so I changed it -> No change same behaviour.

I tried another DAC with the USB bridge: no issue.

I tried the rev DAC with a windows computer: it works.

I have followed the procedure to update DAC USB drivers: no changes.

I raised a ticket to volumio, we did not yet find any issue on that side, I have a phone call tonight.

Now I am totally stuck and really need your support.

Thanks in advance.

I forgott to add. 

I have a strange behaviour using the DAC with widows computer:

After 1 hour of use I got a BIP every minutes !

The BIP is arrounf half a second, and replace the ongoing music. 

I discover this yesterday, and issue is reproductible, just need 1 hour, and after you got it every minutes (very precise).

Hope it helps !

15 hours ago, LucasAllo said:

Dear Support Team,

I am using the Allo USBBridge signature (Volumio) + Allo Revolution DAC.

It was really a nice setup with a sound quality, above than expected, with a lot of natural and pleasure to listen without auditive fatigue, thanks for that.

Unfortunatelly I have an issue which seems coming from the DAC, I can't get any sound output.

The DAC is still recognized by volumio, and display is responsive to inputs, but I have no sound. When I reinstall everything, I got 1 or 2 sec sound, and nothing after. Sometimes, I have an error explaining output is no more available, and rev DAC is no more visible as USB output.

I had some issue with the USB cable (yours as well), which seems to be defective, so I changed it -> No change same behaviour.

I tried another DAC with the USB bridge: no issue.

I tried the rev DAC with a windows computer: it works.

I have followed the procedure to update DAC USB drivers: no changes.

I raised a ticket to volumio, we did not yet find any issue on that side, I have a phone call tonight.

Now I am totally stuck and really need your support.

Thanks in advance.

Can you please login to volumio through ssh and share below command results (take below command results with revolution DAC connected). Forwarded PM also please check 

aplay -l  (Lower case of L)

lsusb

lsusb -t

• 1 month later...

Dear Allo team,

I can't understand why I get no answer since you received my unit.

Your support was reactive and appreciated, but since more than 3 weeks I got no feedback at all.

Please anser and provide visibility, I start loosing confidence in your company.

Regards,

LB