IGNORED

iOS 24/96 Output Possible?

@ted_b - Yeah you can use any copy of iTunes to transfer FLACs through USB sharing, doesn't have to be the same computer you normally sync to, and can be Mac or PC.

Obviously you'll connect the USB cable. When the device appears in the sidebar, click it and then hit the apps tab. You can still transfer files over, just don't hit the Sync button.

@sasaki - Great news on the 192

@Gregor - No I have no plans to develop an Android version.

DAC. Haven't sat down for a serious listen, but FLAC files play perfectly in 16/44, 24/96 and 24/192 so far. Nice! I am not hugely surprised in that the Antelope Plus (and Gold) is a Class 2 USB DAC that plays nicely with MAC, Linux (Voyage MPD) and now iPad.

So, stupid question no 2:

Can you use another remote like an iTouch to somehow remotely handle the playback (since the iPad is tethered to a 1M USb cable-to-DAC)?

• 3 months later...

Hi everyone,

after reading this and other threads regarding iOS digital audio output I bought an M2Tech Young and an iPad 2. Unfortuntely they don't interact and M2Tech support says no firmware update is going to fix it. It's a matter of the USB chip employed. Can anyone shed some information on what to look for when searching for a suitable DAC?

Thanks

M

• 2 weeks later...

What about the Fostex HP-P1?

Have anybody tried it with iPad>Flac Player?

In the beginning God made 'the light.'

Shortly thereafter God made three big mistakes.

The first mistake was called MAN, the second mistake was called WO-MAN, and the third mistake was the invention of THE POODLE.

• 5 weeks later...

Hello All,

I'm pleased to announce a beta test for FLAC Player 1.2.0. If you'd be willing to help test the upcoming version, please send an email to [email protected] and include the following information:

Device Type (iPhone 4 / iPad / iPod touch / etc)

Software Version (3.2 / 4.3 / 5.0 / etc)

Any external DAC or Accessories (AirPlay Speakers, etc) you will be using

Device UDID: http://www.innerfence.com/howto/find-iphone-unique-device-identifier-udid

This beta includes the following new features:

Playlists - support for M3U playlists, also creating and editing playlists within the app

Album/Artist browsing - With valid FLAC Metadata, songs are organized by Album and Artist

Performance/responsiveness enhancements during importing, artwork browsing, etc.

Bug Fixes addressing duplicate directories/collections

This beta will install alongside the App Store version of FLAC Player.

Regards,

Dan

http://hammockdistrict.com

• 3 months later...

Hi,

I was wondering, with an iPhone 3GS and iPad 2 in combinatiom with a Cambridge ID100 dock which bypasses built in DAC and passes untouched DIGITAL signal onto my DAC and amplifier would I be able, if I buy your app for 1 of my devices (which one?) to play 24bit/96KHz natively confirmed? I can't really make up the answer from the thread.. Thanks!!

Because upon till now, iTunes only syncs 24bit/48KHz at most.. Higher sample rates are rejected.. But even the 24bit/48KHz are downsampled somewhere down the line when playing?

EDIT: Just found out that when using Home Sharing with iTunes I'm able to stream 24/96 files and play them.. Just don't know if this will natively output when docked to ID100?

EDIT2: Using the FLAC-player app I played some songs, all encoded 24bit/96KHz, with my iPhone 3GS (5.0.1) docked to a Cambridge ID100 dock with Digital Out hooked up to a DacMagic which showed a 48KHz received signal.. Will the be fixed in the future or is this hardware related?