IGNORED

Building NAA for HQplayer

kwatch

20 minutes ago, dbarna said:

I managed to connect a monitor to the pi 4. 

I have the following on screen:

Seems like it is not recognizing the boot media at all...

Just to check, you are trying to boot this up from microSD card, inserted in to microSD slot, are you?

Signalyst - Developer of HQPlayer

Pulse & Fidelity - Software Defined Amplifiers

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, cpcat said:

I have tried and tried but am unsuccessful in getting either of my 2 Fitlet2’s  to boot @Miska’s latest 5.0.0 NAA image from microSD.  I am careful to download the 7z file, unzip with 7zip and multiple flashes from balenaetcher, Rufus, and raspberry pi imager all unsuccessful - the bios doesn’t seem to even recognize the SD as bootable - although SD is selectable in boot order. 

You could try with USB attached SDcard reader. It should look exactly same as regular USB memory stick to the BIOS and OS.

Kingston for example makes tiny metal cased readers that are suitable.

16 minutes ago, cpcat said:

Additionally, in bios you have to enable it in the boot order as for example “HDD SDHC”  or “HDD SDXC” depending on your microSD card version.  It isn’t recognized simply by having “SD” enabled in boot options.  It takes a little longer to boot up as well.

SD cards are much slower than some high performance USB memory sticks. Since microSD can have very limited power consumption and thermal production. This means booting is slower. But so is also any power consumption and noise.

In most cases the boot time is not critical factor for this use case.