IGNORED

NUC 7i7DNBE Streamer, custom external clock inputs, Optane 800p 118GB, APACER RAM

NUC 7i7DNBE Streamer, custom external clock inputs, Optane 800p 118GB, APACER RAM

For sale is a NUC 7i7DNBE modified by SOtM to replace all 3 internal clocks, with external SOtM clock connectors (as pioneered by romaz and austinpop on AudiophileStyle), installed in a fanless Akasa Plato X7 case.

This is to be used in conjunction with the SOtM tx-USBultra SE USB regenerator that provides the 3 external clock inputs at 24Mhz, 25Mhz and 27Mhz via SMB coaxial inputs, although you can substitute your own clock sources if you wish. I have listed the SOtM tx-USBultra separately but would prefer to sell them together.

Note that the NUC will NOT work without external clock inputs as the native clock crystals have been removed. NUC will also require a 19V input for power, 2.5mm diameter DC input.

In addition, a Optane 800p SSD is installed for best sound quality (Optane drives produce much less electronic noise compared to regular SSD drives resulting in a smoother and more relaxed sound). 
Finally, the best available RAM is also installed and included (APACER Industrial grade SO-DIMMs, 2 x 4GB modules). These were bought through the group buy with nenon on Audiophile Style, and are the closest thing one can get to the Taiko Extreme's custom RAM modules.

Running Audiolinux or Euphony, this NUC provided the best sound quality from any streamer I've heard in my system short of the Taiko Extreme which costs a magnitude more (what I've moved to). 
This would also work well as a top of the line router with a "router on a stick" implementation with pfsense to improve the quality of your streaming services (QoBuz or TIDAL), and also for ripping CDs with a USB drive or decoding SACD ISOs with the best clock quality.

Actual cost paid: 
$552.52 NUC 7i7DNBE
$122.95 Akasa Plato X7 
$150 Apacer Industrial grade 2 x 4GB SODIMM RAM 
$130 Optane 800p 118GB 
$225 external clock inputs custom work by SOtM 
Total $1,185.

Asking $700. Buyer pays shipping and paypal fees. 

Thanks! Email with any questions.