IGNORED

Monitor Audio Gold 300 (5G) vs Monitor Audio Platinum 200 II

Wow, this post caught my eye, and is very cool, @dericchan1

My $0.02 suggestion as a Monitor Audio Silver 500 (6G) owner (and I see you had Monitors before):

• The owner's manual of my speakers says they need time to break in and even suggests wiring one channel out of phase and placing them right in front of each other for a while.
  • Seeing your floor, consider trying Iso-Acoustics feet instead of Monitor's own feet. On my hardwood, that made the difference between "technically good" sound and "WOW, emotionally involving MUSIC." The midrange really sang when the right footers were in place (I tried spikes, the rubber feet themselves, and ISO-Acoustics Gaia feet. I wouldn't listen in my room without the Gaia feet.

As for break-in, my experience suggests this is at least a few weeks, 24/7. Before that, literally every recording sounded the "same." Literally. Madonna, Mozart, Metallica - all as if they came from the same recording space. Insane, and heartbreaking. We went away on holiday for a week and I left my system on the whole time, remoting into my music server to change genres of playlists so there was sonic variety, plus pink noise. We returned and...bliss, just awesome sonic bliss. Monitors are so under-rated and such outstanding values for the money. 

Good luck, hope you enjoy yours!

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Incidentally, my 25w Pass amp is plenty for my speakers. or rather Monitor speakers are fine for a 25w amp. But I don’t do HT, just music. 

Sum>Frankenstein: JPlay/Audirvana/iTunes, Uptone EtherRegen+LPS-1.2, Rivo Streamer+Uptone JS-2, Schiit Yggdrasil LiM+Shunyata Delta XC, Linn LP12/Hercules II/Ittok/Denon DL-103R, ModWright LS 100, Pass XA25, Tellurium Black II, Monitor Audio Silver 500 on IsoAcoustics Gaias, Shunyata Delta XC, Transparent Audio, P12 power regenerator, and positive room attributes.

Wow, what a room! The only thing you're missing is a sofa table behind the sofa! ha ha ha

I have my Monitors out further than they recommend as well, but I also found they were a bit trickier to set up compared to my previous PSB speakers because I have some unusual bass issues with my config. You've got it easy! lol

Nobody asked me, but I just wanted to offer my experience: I hear the port bungs as detrimental to the speed and clarity of the bass. Compared to how the speakers sound without the ports blocked, adding the bungs took the life out of bass lines (listening to rock, pop, electronica, and jazz). 

I tried the bungs in a variety of configs, inserted fully or partially, top/bottom only, and just always felt they made things worse. But I listen for what I listen for - YMMV and you may like them! You may find bass more compatible with your mids with the bungs inserted. (And/or you may not be able to move the speakers out from the wall enough to avoid using the bungs.)

Anyway, just my $0.02 on what I think are fabulous speakers. I've the 500 silver, a friend has the 300 silver and we think these are some of the most under-rated best buys in floorstanders.