IGNORED

Article: A Musical and Audiophile Journey

Congrats on the Taylor. It looks beautiful and I'll bet it sounds even better. My son has a Martin (D28 I think) and I get to be wowed by its glorious sound occasionally. Last summer we had a week-long family gathering at a lake place. There was  going to be daily music with guitar and another son on mandolin. I wanted to take part so I put together a washtub bass. It was a blast playing music with the boys. But the tub is very limited, I could not even get one full octave out of it. The good news is it convinced me that I needed to buy a guitar-type acoustic-electric bass. It doesn't sound like much unless it's amped, but the acoustic sound is just right for practicing in my apartment. And with a small amp, it is a real bass when playing in the living room at my son's place.

Anyway, I have practiced/played almost daily for 3 months now and I'm happy to say I notice improvements every day - small but consistent. Met up with one son last week and was actually able to make some music. So just stick with it - every day - and you'll be great in no time.

P.S.  And speaking of great, if you want to be inspired (or maybe discouraged) listen to Tommy Emmanuel Live at the Ryman. The guy is sooooo musical, and not bad at playing guitar. The SQ of the recording brings out the live sound of an acoustic guitar better than most.