IGNORED

Oggo´s power supply shoot-out (using the example of an Uptone EtherRegen)

@Oggo Very informative reviews. Thank you. What would be interesting is if you tried a iFi DC iPurifier 2 at the ER input using the stock psu versus the others alone, and to see if the DC iPurifier improved the others or not.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

• 5 months later...

I perceive that using a iFi DC iPurifier 2 at the input of the EtherREGEN, while using the supplied standard power supply, brings about an all round improvement in my system.

LOUNGE:- Qobuz Studio>TP-Link RE650 WI-FI Extender>AfterDark Ethernet Cable>EtherREGEN/Farad Super3 PSU/Furutech AC input/Level2 DC cable/SR Purple fuse>AfterDark Ethernet Cable(1/2 Metre)>Lumin U1 Mini Streamer/LEEDH volume/External PliXiR BDC Elite 12v/4amp PSU>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital cable>MHDT Orchid Dac>Townshend DCT300 Interconnects>Airtight AMT-1S Amp>Townshend Isolda EDCT Speaker Cables>Speakers Revival Atalante 3.

LIVING ROOM:-Qobuz Studio>Bluesound Node2i (streamer only)>Oyaide DB-510 bnc-bnc Digital Cable>iFi Retro 50 Dac-Amp>iFi LS3.5 Speakers.  Various tweaks in both systems - tubes, footers, grounding, Shakti devices, Nordost QK1, Furutech fuses, resonance generators.  

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, GoodEnough said:

This is a great thread.  The addition of an EtherREGEN transformed my system, and while it's great being fed by my iFi iPower Elite I'm very tempted to improve the power supply,

The Farad is tempting, but I'm in the UK and bringing in items from the EU is painful*

Alternatively, as anyone tried the Plixir BDC Elite with the EtherREGEN?

* - yes, Brexit has been a nightmare.  I've been in conflict with Fedex for 4 months over "unpaid" customs fees.

I'm in Ireland and give instructions to all senders of items to me, for some time now, not to use Fedex.  I had several different deliveries on which duty was levied and paid through Fedex on the morning of delivery, and then became the subject, in each case, of an invoice following  from Fedex demanding payment.  There does not seem to be any link up between different accounts departments in Fedex.  I was then embroiled in emails to and fro, supplying proof of payment and it just became more convoluted.  Total nightmare.