IGNORED

Playing laptop music thru Stereo system

joe

Hello, I have an HP laptop with Windows Vista. I am trying to play Pandora music from my laptop thru a V DAC into my preamp of my stereo. The hook up from the laptop the V DAC is via s/pdif (laptop) and connecting to an usb (V DAC). My problem is that I am unable to get my computer to output or recognize the s/pdif port. I have tried to change the volume control which did not work, tried to change settings via Control Panel – Sound Devices with no success! As you can tell, I am not a computer audiophile. If anyone can provide me some assistance, it would be greatly appreciated. Thank You Joe

I'm not exactly sure how you have this all setup currently...

You need a USB connection from HP Laptop to V-DAC. Then you need a twin RCA cable from V-DAC to your Stereo amp (same cable / connection as a CD player).

Then in Windows (IIRC) in the Audio control panel set default audio out to USB DAC.

Eloise

Eloise

---

...in my opinion / experience...

While I agree "Everything may matter" working out what actually affects the sound is a trickier thing.

And I agree "Trust your ears" but equally don't allow them to fool you - trust them with a bit of skepticism.

keep your mind open... But mind your brain doesn't fall out.