IGNORED

Preamp with piano 2.1

Swza

Hello, I'm receiving a piano 2.1 today.  My system currently is Mcintosh 2105 amp and mx113 preamp then off to some bookshelf speakers and a rel sub.  I was wondering if going to the mx 113 preamp from the piano 2.1 would be ok or if I should send it straight to the 2105 amp instead and bypass the preamp.  Would sending the L and R channels to the preamp while the sub output goes straight to the amp cause any problems as far as timing or volume?  I'll be using Moode audio to set the piano 2.1.  Seems like the volume for the mains and the sub won't be matched if I send the L and R channel through the preamp.  And is it safe to send the piano 2.1 straight to the amplifier?  Thanks

Hello, 

thanks for that thorough response. I ended up going straight to the amp from the piano dac and matched the sub using some measurements from REW and my ears then created filters on the low end and implemented them with camiladsp and it sounds really good, I’m really impressed with this $50 item. Having a low pass and high pass filter on the dac has really cleaned things up below 100hz and the measurements show that.  I’m using a digital volume control on the mconnect app and streaming qobuz. 
thanks again for your insight and suggestions.