IGNORED

Audio Physic Speakers - Yara II Range, any good?

As the title says, would love to hear from any users of these speakers or Audio Physics in general

Cheers

Lee

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO

I am a well-satisfied owner of Audio Physic Tempo 25 speakers, which are similar in configuration to the Yara II Superior. Audio Physic’s advertised claims about “delivering a pure, powerful and precise sound” hold true. I especially like the way the tweeters integrate seamlessy to produce the music, never calling attention to themselves. I’ve never heard anything that I liked better in this price range. (The Tempo 25’s replaced my B&W Nautilus 803’s, which never worked right for my ears--tubby bass and untamable, spitty tweeters.)

fm

Qobuz via Aurender N10 > Devialet Expert Pro > Audio Physic Avantera

• 2 weeks later...

Well I finally went and brought some and have them installed In the system (Mac mini / Hiface / Dacmagic / Luxman L505u) and must admit they are a wonderful speaker, these image incredibly well with a wonderful 3D soundstage, the bass on these speakers is awesome, they also produce a nice warm sound too.

Im still playing around with the positioning, spent all yesterday afternoon using tape measures and CAD and Im really close to getting them in the ideal position, I have them setup so that they are toed in to fire 1m behind the listening position, seems to work well IMHO

Overall a big thumbs up to AP and as it says on their web site " No fine loss of detail" couldn't be more true!

The next change for me will be a new or s/h dac, which I think is harder than changing the speakers at times, especially with the amount thats on the market

Lee

Sources are: Mac Mini 2010 / Nottingham Analogue Hyperspace c/w Jelco 750 D and Denon DL 103 MC cartridge. Phono Stage: EAR 834P. Power Amp: Audio Note Empress Silver into a Hattor passive pre. DAC: Lampizator Atlantic and Humming Board NAA Speakers: Horns.pl Mummys. Cables: Duelund DC 16 GA  - Audionote AN-SPX 27 Strand RCA and Albedo Silver RCA and Western Electric WE 16 GA. All digital music played through a Mac Mini using Roon and HQP. Power Supply: Gigawat PC2-EVO