IGNORED

How can I update Usbridge Signature to latest firmware and drivers?

Hi @Audio_Allo and everyone,

I apologise in advance if my questions don't all make sense, I'm not very technical.

I received my Usbridge Signature last month in September 2021 with Volumio on SD card.

1) I couldn't update Volumio with the OTA latest Volumio firmware so I formatted the SD card and reinstalled a fresh version of Volumio from their website.

-> Was it a good idea?

2) I had some pops/cracks when playing high res files from Audirvana on my macbook. I just found out that I had to update the Ethernet driver. I believe it fixed the pops / cracks issue (Need to test more, I updated it 5 minutes ago).

When I do sudo modinfo ax88179_178a | grep version, I get:

version:        v2.0.0
srcversion:     B33FD47EF63890F490EED33
vermagic:       4.19.118-v7 SMP mod_unload modversions ARMv7 p2v8

-> Is 4.19.118-v7 the version of the firmware for the usbridge sig? I can see some recent folders like "rpi-usbs-5.10.63-v8+".

-> Should I update anything? If yes, how?

-> Should I stick to an official version of Volumio and other set of drivers provided by Allo to ensure maximum compatibility between all components and ensure maximum sound quality?

Thanks for your help

14 hours ago, jiiiiice said:

Hi @Audio_Allo and everyone,

I apologise in advance if my questions don't all make sense, I'm not very technical.

I received my Usbridge Signature last month in September 2021 with Volumio on SD card.

1) I couldn't update Volumio with the OTA latest Volumio firmware so I formatted the SD card and reinstalled a fresh version of Volumio from their website.

-> Was it a good idea?

2) I had some pops/cracks when playing high res files from Audirvana on my macbook. I just found out that I had to update the Ethernet driver. I believe it fixed the pops / cracks issue (Need to test more, I updated it 5 minutes ago).

When I do sudo modinfo ax88179_178a | grep version, I get:

version:        v2.0.0
srcversion:     B33FD47EF63890F490EED33
vermagic:       4.19.118-v7 SMP mod_unload modversions ARMv7 p2v8

-> Is 4.19.118-v7 the version of the firmware for the usbridge sig? I can see some recent folders like "rpi-usbs-5.10.63-v8+".

-> Should I update anything? If yes, how?

-> Should I stick to an official version of Volumio and other set of drivers provided by Allo to ensure maximum compatibility between all components and ensure maximum sound quality?

Thanks for your help

1.We are not doing any modification on Volumio , Only updating Asix driver in volumio.

Yes you can download and re-flash latest volumio version from volumio site.

2. If we are re-flashing latest version of volumio , we need to update Asix asix driver also.

cd /usr/src

sudo wget http://3.230.113.73:9011/Allocom/USBridgeSig/install.sh

sh install.sh