IGNORED

USBridge Sig update doesn't work

Hi everyone. I bought my USBridge (sounds great) at the begining of 2021 and I have problems updating it.

The unit came with a sticker indicating: "10556 Volumio". What does that refer to?

Anyhow, the system indicates v2.853 Nov 20 2020. However, Volumio latest fix is v2.915

However, when I try to update, it fails to do so and shows a message "Update failed" as "manually edited files were detected".

It seems that Allo modifies Volumio at the factory and does so in such a way that makes updating Volumio impossible.

This is relevant as every software needs updating, not only for performance reasons but for security reasons (at the end, we are connected to the Internet).

Can you guys provide buyers of the unit a simple step-by-step path to solve this updating issue?

Has to be simple and detailed as I'm not a techie guy.

Thanks a lot!

hi, same happened for me a month ago when I received my Usbridge Sig with Volumio SD card. What I did is: I formatted the SD card and reinstalled a fresh version of volumio. I was then able to update Volumio with latest versions released since (including 2.915).

Not sure why I had this issue in the first place.