IGNORED

New Digione Signature Player Dropouts

Hi,

I have recently purchased a DigiOne Signature Player which arrived on Wednesday. Sadly, I have not been able to enjoy it as I am experiencing signal dropout problems. Once it played for almost twenty minutes without problem! But dropouts usually start much sooner. On occasion there has just been silence.

This is my setup:

DigiOne Signature on Raspberry Pi 3 B+

Allo Shanti LPS for Clean and Dirty sides

Output to Arcam AVR10 on spdif coax (Kimber D60 interconnect)

Music source a Synology NAS (wired Cat6)

Most of my music is stored as 16 bit 44.1 Flac

Having searched the net I am aware that other people have eperienced the same or similar problems. A variety of solutions have been suggested:

1. Power Issues

I have swapped Shanti out and tried standard 5v chargers - no difference. I have also checked the Shanti with a voltmeter: 3A rail 5.35 v, 1A rail 5.18 v

2. Interconnect Issues

I have tried two other Audioquest digital interconnects without joy.

I have also done the following to help narrow the issue down:

3. Changed ethernet cable - no difference

4. Used a Usb flash drive as the music source. Same problem - I think this rules out it being a network issue.

5. Played music with headphones as output. Played without problem. This suggests to me that the Raspberry section is working fine. 

I am slightly puzzled that in Volumio Playback options the "Output Device"  option is not showing so no way of selecting "Allo Digione" . However, 12S DAC shows as On and DAC Model correctly shows as Allo DigiOne.

For any Allo staff monitoring this forum my Order Number was 12013

Is there anything else I can try? I look forward to any suggestions.

Best regards

Simon

Things may appear to have gone quiet but Allo reached out and resolved the issues I was having. I had a hardware issue that meant a replacement unit was needed. Allo responded very quickly and provided excellent help in getting me up and running. Not all dropouts are hardware related so if you are having issues don't fear the worst. Allo do respond to messages in this forum. Thanks, Allo!