SOLD SOLD

Up for sale is Balanced Audio Technology VK-52SE High-End stereo tube preamplifier. 

VK-52SE features second generation SUPER-PAK oil capacitors and 8 6H30 super tubes to form an extraordinarily high-current, low-impedance drive engine. As BAT wrote, “comparing the 6H30 tube to a standard 6922 is like comparing a Formula 1 race car to a family sedan.”
The main difference with the VK-53SE is output transformers instead capacitors.

This is the best tube preamp, which doesn't sound like tubes: great bass control and extraordinary extent in HF range. You know, usually tubes have either first or second feature. This has both. Why not just a solid-state that could have both? Because of the magical harmonic distortions, which are pleasant for human ear, an which are associated with the "tube" sound. VK-52SE has it too!

Compared to Audio Research Reference 5 SE preamp: the VK-52SE is more musically engaging.

Compared to Pass Labs XP-22, BAT VK-52SE sounded more real and neutral to me (as in a touch less bright) but once again seemed so transparent with great imaging. I hear more clarity (resolution without glare or fatigue) and more holographic imaging.

I have conservately rated 9 the condition of the unit so as not to disappoint.

The preamp will be shipped in it's original box and foam inserts. Comes with: remote control, 2 sets of tubes, manual, XLR-RCA adapters, cable.

• Seller
    Anton_s0s
  • Date
    06/20/21
  • Price
    400.00 USD
  • Category