IGNORED

The DXE-ISO-PLUS filter thread for various network, cable experiments

• 5 months later...
On 7/10/2022 at 3:18 AM, WuBai said:

Thinking that Asus pulling double duty as Wifi and switch was a bad idea, I found a cheap TrendNet 5-port 10/100Mps switch that operates on 5Vdc.  This was great for a couple of reasons.

This is the basis of my system with a NAS server & fibre box connected to my Roon/HQPlayer server by 2 Trenda mesh boxes.
The HQPlayer server has a 100Mps ethernet connection. I did not change the MW3 box (100Mps) for a MW6 (1G Mps). I have a MW6 (1G) on the NAS side... it works very well.
I have a DXE between the wifi mesh and the HQPlayer server and an other DXE box between the server and the ZenStream streamer (dual JCAT ethernet card).
I don't have any hardness, and I never paid attention to the direction of the DXE connection. Apparently, if I refer to the drawing of the box, they are connected in the opposite direction, well if we consider that the stream enters the pc by the eth1 and leaves by the eth2...

They should be connected in the same direction (?): internet > DXE > server > DXE > Streamer

ROON + HQP / Hdplex H3-i5 + 400ATX >Gustard A26 (NAA twk) > SQM > Benchmark AHB2 / Recital Audio Illumine HEFA