IGNORED

Article: Realism vs Accuracy For Audiophiles | Part 2: The Real Sounds Of Live Music

On 4/9/2021 at 5:24 PM, bluesman said:

I hope it's helpful to our little community!

There are two links that are a bit wonky on an iPad but work fine on my computers, and I can't fingure out why.  So if the music files in the last few paragraphs don't open properly, here are the URLs:

@Bluesman will you tackle ambiophonics somewhere in your story telling here? Perhaps and obviously in the playback section? 

On 4/12/2021 at 11:14 PM, bluesman said:

It’s not on the list of topics I’m currently preparing, but it’s interesting enough to be added to a piece on psychoacoustics if I can find a VST plugin that works in 5.1 or fewer channels and I think it adds something to listening pleasure and/or the educational experience.  The 12 and 16 channel setups described on the website are far too much for me to set up, now that we’ve downsized to an apartment.  But I’ll check out the DSP approach if I find a way to do it without having to siphon funds from my planned acquisitions.

There used to be a Steinberg version called something like AmbioDSP, but it doesn’t seem to be available any longer.  When it first came out some 10+ years ago, it brought a broad spectrum of reviews and a lot of criticism.  I wasn’t interested enough to try it at the time.  I’m still not interested enough to spend $ checking it out, but I’ll start with the demo files on the website.

If you are looking for expertise and trials Ralph Glasgal is an expert and ST Chelvam is a keen amateur who’s set is an attempt to reproduce the experience.

Ralph’s place

Www.ambiophonics.org

ST

https://www.facebook.com/chelvam.st.98