IGNORED

Can I store DSD on computer and subsequently playback?

zany

I apologise if my question is naive but I am no technician, just a music lover.

My system includes a dCS Verdi La Scala SACD player with firewire connection to a dCS Delius dac. Can I take the DSD signal to an iMac and store on a hard disk and then subsequently play back through my system (without any conversion)? If so, what software is available?

I have some 5GB worth of CDs on hard disk and would love to add the convenience to my SACD collection.

I do not know if that is possible via the La Scala, but try asking dCS - they know stuff ;) and seems really friendly!

Well I have to comment on "5GB worth of CDs" if your lucky thats something like 15 CD's lossless - thats heavy!

IF its possible for you to playback DSD, you'll find out that 5GB gives you max 3 albums :)

But lets know what you find out!

Mvh.

dCS Puccini - Antelope OCX and DA - Qnap TS-239 ProII Turbo NAS - Netbook - WireWorld Starlight USB - M2Tech hiFace Evo - TeddyEvo - Hovland HP200 - Pass Labs XA30.5 - Graaf GM20 Monoblocks - Graaf GM100 - Pass Labs SR-2[br]Head-fi: Digital TV/DVD stream - Apogee Big Ben - dCS - Woo Audio WA22 - Sennheiser HD800/XLR - mostly for movies - intense![br]Cables: Canare/Digital - Atlas and Yter/Analog - PS Audio/Power[br]The missing link: Korg MR2000S 1bit DSD [br]Vinyl: VPI Aries 3 - 10.5i VTA-on-the-fly - SuperPlatter - Teres Verus - Transfiguration Orpheus - Hovland P200