IGNORED

Amplifier & Speaker pairing

Ok, So I'm fairly new to all the vintage audio stuff.

I grew up (or was a teenager in the 1980's) and love the hairbands and rock music of this era. IE, Van Halen, 38 special, Warrant, etc.... 

I like to listen to this type music loud. My wife says way to loud. Anyway I started off a few months ago buying a Marantz 2226B amplifier with a pair of JBL 4312 control monitor speakers. They sound great and I love the look of the vintage Marantz Amp. I soon learned the the Marantz was a nice Amplifier but rather lower end when it comes to wattage output and not the best for high volume 1980's rock. 

So I bought a very nice Pioneer SX-950 amplifier, and a pair of Pioneer Hmp-200 speakers. The Pioneer speakers sound awesome. I also love the Pioneer amplifier especially the fact that there are outputs for (3) sets of speakers. So I hooked up the JBL 4312's and the Pioneer Hmp 200's. The issue is that when driving them at really high volumes I get issues. Fist it sometimes clips out, sometimes I lose the complete left or right sets of speakers. Also the amp gets REALLY hot at high volume around vented back top grill cover. To hot to even touch. 

I guess my question is are my speakers adequate for super loud rock music, and do I need a bigger more powerful amplifier? If so any recommendations that don't cost a small fortune.

Amy help would be greatly appreciated.  

I appreciate all the replies. It's been a great help. I've since ordered an Adcom GFA 555II power amp and an Adcom Pre-amp. I'm hoping this will solve my issue. If so, I plan to order another Adcom power amp for the second set of speakers.

I greatly appreciate everyone's knowledge and assistance.

I'll update here when new equipment arrives and I have it hooked up.