IGNORED

Article: Reality Quest: Power and Digital Audio with the Sean Jacobs DC4 and Sound Application PGI TT-7 (Part 2 of 2)

This is a fabulous article written from the standpoint of passion and extreme intellectual curiosity. I love it!

Current delivery and noise are areas I too have experimented with on my dedicated audio circuits 60' back to my service panel. My first experience was converting a Krell amplifier from 120V to 240V which delivered an unmistakable sense of ease and accuracy. Then I changed about 45' of the accessible 60' feeds from 10AWG to 6AWG and experienced a similar jump in performance. Now I have two dedicated 3AWG equivalent feeds to the Krell mono blocks which delivered a smaller jump in improvement compared to going from 10AWG to 6AWG originally. I like to use Bybee V2 QSEs sitting at the AC cable entry.

After about 20 minutes you can hear them affecting the phase of the music in a very "right" way before they settle in 24 hours later.

I wish I could assertively explain what they were doing but I'd be just shuffling their marketing platitudes [as explained to me] back at you. 

Another tool I like to use are the Bybee Gold purifiers after the bridge rectifiers or after the final regulator on whatever I can put them on. - Antipodes CX/EX, Innuos Phoenix USB Regen, DAC, preamp etc. 

It's amazing to me how much 70s rock plays back with a 180 degree sound field. The expanded soundstage breathes new life into Who's Next and Close To The Edge by Yes. That you are now hearing a 360 degree sound field is really inspiring to me! 

On the opening guitar part[s] on Siberian Khatru [Close To The Edge] - I believe there are four differently positioned guitars from 180 degrees left to 180 degrees right. I'm still working on un smearing them in terms of their transients and image specificity. I'm sure your Taiko server is providing a huge advantage here. Can you comment on whether a jump from 180 degrees to 360 degrees soundfield will be possible on most material if one is already at the 180 degree soundfield?  Thank you again for this fine review and your passion!

Rich M

• 1 month later...