IGNORED

HQplayer 4 and Mac-mini M1

Bushikai

6 hours ago, ripples said:

Sinc-lp,  Sinc-Long-lp  is a no go,  initialization takes for ever on m2 pro 

for reference my old i7 8th gen windows laptop has no issues with those filters using hpq 5

At the same target rate? Because it depends.
Those filters have very high memory requirements for 512+ rates, but -2s versions work fine at those rates.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Schafheide said:

when I pause the playing, I can just hear very faint, random "ticks"

When pause is pressed, DSD silence pattern is played by HQPlayer. CPU/GPU load remains the same like during normal playback, but silence allows you to hear any noise if present during processing.

Your issue shows some similarity to this but I'm not sure if that helps in your case.
I would suggest for testing purposes to simplify your chain to maximum - local playback from local file and directly connected DAC. Then go step by step in direction to your wished setup and always check the result. Hopefully you could isolate your issue that way. With full setup you don't know where the issue originates.

i7 11850H + RTX A2000 Win11 HQPlayer ► Topping HS02 ► 2x iFi iSilencer ► SMSL D300 ► DIY headamp DHA1 ► HiFiMan HE-500
8 hours ago, Schafheide said:

Thank you - I found the post, to which you referred, most informative.

Given that I do not hear clicks when converting PCM or DSX to DSD256 - doesn't this mean that the problem could be in the server (incl HQP) and the path between the server and the NAS (incl router etc) ???

Try to play a PCM file locally stored on HQPlayer server and let it convert by HQPlayer to DSD256. I suggested that already. If it will play without ticks, then your path from NAS to HQPlayer server is causing issues.

9 hours ago, Schafheide said:

Given that I do not hear clicks when converting PCM or DSX to DSD256

I see I didn't read your 2nd post enough carefully.
Try what I above suggested - local playback - but with DSD64 file as a source.

• 1 month later...