IGNORED

Volt+D DOA?

I was very excited to receive my Volt+D today. However, it doesn't seem to be working. I'm using the power supply I purchased from Allo with it, I'm using a small DAC as a source, and I've got it connected to two tower speakers. I can verify that the DAC and speakers are working with a different amp. The Volt+D outputs no sound regardless of the setting of the attenuator, and the LEDs on the board are not lit. The LED the power supply brick is lit. Help!

4 hours ago, zannderson said:

After some sleuthing, I discovered that the power supply was not supplying DC power. I opened it up, and there was a bad solder joint where one of the output wires connected. I've fixed it but I'd like a refund for the DOA power supply since it was a separate charge.

PXL_20201207_212733645.jpg

Forwarded PM please check

• 8 months later...

I am having a similar problem...brand new Volt+ as well as the 9V power supply that Allo sells too.  The first time I plugged both in, the power lights on both the power supply and the Volt+ would flash on and off at a regular rhythm (i.e. every 2 seconds), and the speakers would click each time the light came off.  I unplugged it and tried it again, and it worked...for about 5 songs. The next time I plugged it in, the power light on the VOLT+ came on for one second and then stopped and become completely unresponsive.

I can confirm that the power supply works with a different device, and when it is plugged in it's power light goes on without blinking.  But the VOLT+ is now completely unresponsive, not even the light goes on when it's plugged in. 

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm so frustrated to have spent this time/effort on what now appears to be a very expensive paperweight.

6 hours ago, tvolt said:

I am having a similar problem...brand new Volt+ as well as the 9V power supply that Allo sells too.  The first time I plugged both in, the power lights on both the power supply and the Volt+ would flash on and off at a regular rhythm (i.e. every 2 seconds), and the speakers would click each time the light came off.  I unplugged it and tried it again, and it worked...for about 5 songs. The next time I plugged it in, the power light on the VOLT+ came on for one second and then stopped and become completely unresponsive.

I can confirm that the power supply works with a different device, and when it is plugged in it's power light goes on without blinking.  But the VOLT+ is now completely unresponsive, not even the light goes on when it's plugged in. 

Anyone have any ideas?  I'm so frustrated to have spent this time/effort on what now appears to be a very expensive paperweight.

Can you please share your order details through PM