IGNORED

exaSound E68 Stereo DSD512 and 8-Channel DSD256 DAC

1 hour ago, Kal Rubinson said:

I do not understand what you are describing.  AFAIK, setting the output to 5.1 should never do any conversion or up-mixing.  All it forces is a remapping of the source number of channels into the 5.1 package.  In my experience, this re-mapping is almost always correct and there is never a conversion.  If you are experiencing something else, such as up-mixing, you have other settings involved somewhere. 

That's all you need, right?

Hi Kal,

In my experience selecting anything different than "Source number of channels" in the JRiver DSP Studio causes up-conversion. It is visible in the signal path.  I asked JRiver several times about it and never got an answer. I haven't found what causes it, so in the jRiver tutorial we recommended using "Source number of channels". Any ideas what is causing it?

Below is a screenshot of DSP Studio causing up-conversion.

Jriver-DSP-Studio.png

When I play stereo PCM with the DSP Setting as shown on the screenshot above, I get sound only from the outputs 1 and 2 of the s88 DAC.  This is L/R channels and it is all good.

The strange thing is the Signal Path window shows conversion from 2 to 6 channels. I guess we can disregard it.

• 9 months later...
10 hours ago, pompon said:

Any tricks with Exasound to have sound in windows like youtube, facebook ?

actually, I set windows sound to j-river (wdm) but it's not very convenient and I lost all the beginning of sound's video or music because of the buffer.

You can try fix this by setting JRiver to "Play silence at startup for hardware synchronization".  This option is in the audio settings and it is zone-specific.

You can also try the VB ASIO Bridge: https://shop.vb-audio.com/en/win-apps/19-hifi-cable-asio-bridge.html?SubmitCurrency=1&id_currency=1

• 1 month later...

A new firmware update for the exaSound s88 and s82 DACs and the Delta Server is available for download. To start the update go to the Settings page of the web user interface and tap or click the "Check Updates" button.  New and improved features include:  Redesigned Web user interface with touch-screen support; Light and Dark user interface themes; Channel volume trimming levels can be saved to profiles and reloaded; New System Info screen and more.

• 4 months later...

Firmware Update 49 is now available for the exaSound Delta Server, s88 and s82 Streaming DACs. We are introducing support for the world's most popular audio player, YouTube. The video experience is included

Until now exaSound servers and streamers supported Qobuz via Roon and third-party apps like Mconnect Player HD and Bubble UPnP. With the new firmware 49 we are introducing Qobuz support with its native user experience.

We are also enabling TuneIn Radio support.

To install the update open the Web user interface of your device, go to the Info page and tap or click the "Check Updates" button. On older versions of the Web user interface updates are managed on the Settings page.

Here is how it works: You need to connect a TV or HDMI monitor to your exaSound Delta server or streaming DAC. Many customers have already done that to use the Roon Display feature. Make sure that you are connecting the correct HDMI or DVI port as described in your Owner's manual. If you are not sure, try both ports. You also need to connect to your device a wireless USB keyboard and a mouse. It is convenient to use a keyboard/mouse pair that shares the same wireless receiver.

You will see the exaSound Web user interface on the HDMI-attached TV or monitor. Go to the General Settings page, scroll down to the bottom and enable "Web Streaming via HDMI". The screen will refresh and you will see a column of icons along the left edge of the display. Use the new icons the way you use any Web browser. You will see the traditional navigation buttons, zoom controls and the icon shortcuts for YouTube, YouTube Music, Qobuz and TuneIn. The exaSound logo button will allow you to get back to the exaSound Web UI settings pages. Use the F11 on the keyboard to cancel full-screen mode.

Another new feature of firmware update 49 is support for Volume Presets.  Volume levels for individual channels often need to be adjusted when different audio zones with different speaker configurations are used. Adjustments may be needed for recordings with different channel balance. The new Volume Presets make it possible to save channel volume levels to named profiles and to conveniently reload them as needed.

Volume Presets are also available with the newly released Windows ASIO drivers version 5.3.54.

The new streaming features are experimental and development continues. Please let us know about your impressions and suggestions.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, Steve Bruzonsky said:

I assume if you use a small computer monitor via HDMI to the s88 that the ROON display or the web display or Qobuz display would work great. But with my 75" TLC TV, the Qobuz print is so tiny you have to get right up to the tv to read it; and the ROON display is only over a  small portion at the center of the tv and there are no lyrics displayed. This is apparently a limitation of the experimental

web functionality of the s88 at least when it comes to using a regular or larger size tv as opposed to a smaller computer display monitor.

Nonetheless, I still totally luv my s88!

Hi Steve, did you try the zoom controls? You will find the magnifying glass buttons in the vertical toolbar.  You can enlarge the content and this helps.