IGNORED

Best FLAC converter software

cappo

3 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

And what's this? He was literally asking for options other than what he had found, thinking people here might have explored further.

Ok. Couple of quotes from Chris. It should help you:

“Not to be a cynic, but the OP from Ukraine starts talking about converting FLAC to WAV in his first post on the site. Shortly thereafter another poster from Ukraine joins the site to offer a solution that converts FLAC to WAV, in his first post on the site.”

“Nice to see you know each other. I can only use my experience operating this website since 2007, to gauge people and posts. The sequence of events here is identical to thousands of posts I've seen where people are trying to promote software with a hidden agenda. You must admit that this thread and its sequence of posts could've been predicted by anyone who knows how online spammers operate. I've blocked thousands of these types of posts from appearing on this site.”

9 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

That was Chris's guess. Do we have any proof that the two people were in any way affiliated to the softwares in discussion?

All I've seen them do are

1. Share their experiences

2. Ask for suggestions to explore further.

Someone who's into promoting their stuff is unlikely to ask you to share a competing product. Things got crazy and they seem to have lost their cool as a result.

[...] Example: download Audio Transcoder and, using it, convert just 1 of your favorite albums into WAV and listen. Then tell us what you think. All of this will take you half an hour max and you will learn something useful. No need to pay either since they offer a free trial period... [...]

10 minutes ago, manueljenkin said:

Well I'm doing certain critical stuff with my system and can't risk changing anything atm (unless it's a live cd I can try). Might take some time before I can try it. I just wanted the thread to evolve so by the time I get to try I could get filtered options. The pitch felt legit, with respect to my previous experiences with one particular player.

This is the old thread I made. I have been off audio for like 2 month now (phone + uapp is how I go by these days, since I can't use pc).

I would be interested if anyone who is into trying these different converters could add up to this thread after making fairly thorough analysis. I've populated as much as I could wrt music playback software.

Yes, I have seen your thread before, lot of useful info. Unfortunately, there are no mac OS players in it (if I remember it well), which is completely natural, not everyone uses mac OS. Over many years I have tried, I guess, all the available software players for mac OS, plus those that can be booted regardless of the OS, like the wtf player. Eventually, I stopped at HQP, for me and my system this player is better suited than Amarra, Fidelia, Audirvana, VOX, etc. For HQP, converting files from FLAC to WAV makes no noticeable effect in comparison, for example, with the placement of files before reply on the virtual RAM disc, which has already been mentioned above.

I can't help but notice that none of the defenders of the two banned posters have tried their wonderful converter. A mystery... 😀

Just now, manueljenkin said:

I see. I might have spotted it in case I've tried. Thanks for letting me know. It may or may not have been a spy software (unless you can confirm, since I haven't tried), I've had a few software ask to install an additional browser toolbar or so.

As I do not have and didn't have Windows based computers for ages, I can not try this program. Sorry.

2 hours ago, sandyk said:

I found Cappo (Alexander) to be interested in other experiences when I decided to sound him  out via a few PMs.

[...]

It's a pity you didn't tell us right away that you were communicating privately with our aggressive black mouthed friend. It is well possible that he did not really tried to sell the spyware on the forum. 

One way or another, I got some benefit from the discussion after all. I returned to using a long-forgotten tweak. A small free (no spyware) program RamDiskCreator for MacOS allows you to create a virtual RAM disk. I am hearing interesting sound improvements. The acoustic bass of Scott LaFaro in the recording of Bill Evans Trio' Moon Beams sounds frighteningly realistic. 

1 hour ago, bogi said:

I have Windows computer. When Vlodzimierz inserted picture of Audio Transcoder into his post, I went into the product web. I could not find any information about developers of Audio Transcoder and I found their contact page is totally anonymous - no info who they are, where they are from, no history of their work. No link to user support forum. I searched for forum discussions really discussing their product on internet and I found nothing. On the Vlodzimierz's picture he is showing "Copyright (R) Digital Music Software", but I didn't find any web link pointing to company of such a name.

In such a case I do not tend to install an executable into my notebook. So I closed their page and that's all.

They wanted that we install the product, that's clear. If an unknown person asks others to install some unknown product, which does not have any really serious references, then such a person looks suspicious to me, sorry. Therefore I didn't went into direct communication with them. If Chris thought in a similar way, then I quite understand his position.

Here is the screen from Audio Transcoder web page. As any one could see, nothing related to Ukraine. It is Russia, friends. And quite habitual method of Russian hackers - to pass themselves off as Ukrainians. Also, the name Vlodziemerz definitely sounds Polish. Not many people from Poland live in Novosibirsk, Siberia, I guess. Funny, or not? http://www.audio-transcoder.com/about :

834244831_ScreenShot2020-11-15at19_17_56.png.0bca8d44ae745ca78e289f6d25739e3c.png

10 minutes ago, sandyk said:

These days many companies worldwide have very poor Customer Support and may even try to fob you off to a poorly implemented  piece of S/W with limited capabilities which leaves you high and dry if your query doesn't match what's  in their limited programming. 

However, say something they don't wish to be seen in silly Social Media and you may often get a quick response.

I do not use many software products beyond those which come with OS. I do not remember any problems in communication with developers, to be honest. Maybe because I do not have software developed in Siberia.