IGNORED

Weiss INT202 suddenly dead quiet

Hi!

Happy New Year:)

I have a HP laptop connected to a Weiss INT202 and further to my Burmester 061 digital in. I installed the weiss software, asio diver and jriver. It has been working just fine.

I use a firewire cable without power, so the external powersupply of Weiss is used. Due to the placement of the laptop, the cable has dropped out of the laptop a couple of times. Weiss strongly reccommend to avoid hotplugging. However, this is for firewire cable with power. I use without.

Down to the problem. Yesterday everything is dead quiet. I have reinstalled the software and drivers. No effect. I have changed laptops (I have one older one too). No effect. The weiss software on the computer tells me that it is connected streaming 44,1 and under normal mode. I have checked all connections. Hmmm.

Maybe its the firewire cable? Or maybe something is gone all wrong inside the INT202 due to hot plugging, although my HP does not use any power in the firewire cable. Strange.

Any suggestions? I will get hold of a new cable, but our here by the ocean its not that easy :)

Thanks!

Cheeers, Toffen

I am sure you have thought about this but just in case. Make sure the bit check switch on the front of the Weiss is turned off. If this is on then the INT202 will be trying to bit check you music files as they play and no sound will get through. I have a Mac and if the sound output for the Midi app is not configured for the Weiss, then the computer will send the sound to another output source, same with my Pure Music player software, Again, I am sure you have checked this, but make sure your application software is configured to recognize the weiss.

tom

• 2 months later...

Chilest,

can you explain mac mini setup of midi and pure music software to rec. the Weiss int 202.

Thanks,

Jeff

Aurender N100H, Kimber USB, Uptone Regen, PS Audio Directstream dac, Siltech 550I ICs balanced, Oasis S200 Monoblocks, AQ Red Wood Speaker Cable, Magico S5 speakers.

Jeff:

I am not exactly sure what you are asking. That said, I am running a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.6.6; PM is v1.74; INT202 has Daniel's latest driver update. As long as you are not trying to use the upsample feature in PM and thus, running files in their "naive sample rate", when you launch PM and select the music files from the itunes library, PM will automatically switch the MIDI settings to match the bit and sampling frequency of the music file in question. In the meter window on the PM panel you should see a message indicating the "naive" sampling rate. The data will be sent to the INT202, which will not alter the sampling rate frequency etc. As a check, I always run the corresponding Weiss test file(s) that match the bit/kHz parameters of the music I am going to listen to and I use the bit transparency on the front of the INT202 to confirm. I have a Bryston BDA-1 DAC which also indicates the sampling rate coming into the DAC from the INT202 as another check.

Hope this helps,

Tom

Tom,

Actually, I just bought a used device that did not come with anything. No power cord, no cd with drivers, no user manual etc. I am running a Mach2 music mac mini with pure music player. I have tried this setup with an offramp 3 usb to spdif into my Meridian processor. There was no software to install for the offramp. Seemed to work fine. When i got the Weiss, I got myself a firewire 9pin to 6pin which seems to fit fine. I downloaded the Weiss software from the website and installed it. Restarted everything and the device does not show under sound preferences. The power light is on, getting power from the firewire bus. In system profiler under firewire, it shows unknown device. There are no other firewire devices installed. When I open Weiss control panal it says no devices found. Not sure what to do next.

Jeff

Aurender N100H, Kimber USB, Uptone Regen, PS Audio Directstream dac, Siltech 550I ICs balanced, Oasis S200 Monoblocks, AQ Red Wood Speaker Cable, Magico S5 speakers.

Jeff:

It sounds like you have installed the drivers and firmware. I would open the audio MIDI set up and in the audio devices panel make sure that "output" is selected and that you can see the Weiss device as an option in the left side panel. The Weiss device should also be indicated in the System Preferences under "Sound", click on "output". The concern is that the Weiss control panel indicates no devices found. I see this message when the Weiss is not powered up or it is not connected to my computer or if there is an issue with my firewire cable. You should be able to download an INT202 user manual from Weiss Hi-End, which might help trouble shoot.

tom

Daniel seems to think I could have plugged the FireWire cable in 180 degrees and blown a chip. I think I have not installed the software properly. What should be showing in the Weiss FireWire control panel? Where it says to upload a file, what file should that be?

Jeff