IGNORED

Is there any high end DAC that can sound as good as turntable ($10,000 budget for each)

Hi Quanghuy147, You are Vietnamese like me? So your questions is the same as me. My hifi system is complete, the my question is which way I will be select? It’s mean LP or Digital. I went to many my friend audio system for research my questio. So finally I choose Digital. Now very difficult to say LP or Digital better, but I decided digital. So now I have a plan for that. Of course including music server: apple mini with uptone audio linear power kit or complete music server like Innuos Statement - I will pay for Innous.

now back to DAC $10k. Actually I want to hear natural, rustic and clear => just kind of R2-R DAC technology! That’s mean no oversampling => Just MSB DAC, TotalDAC, Holo DAC,... The DCS DAC is good, but it’s very digital sound! 
With $10k you can select MSB Discrete DAC or DCS Bartók DAC. 
I don’t know how about for future upgrade, but you need more 5k to upgrade for some module like usb, rj45 optical fiber converter,...

In the digital zone, you need more money for more extra equipment like linear power supply for NAS, Music Server, Switch; Switch have SFP port for audio,...will be pay more $ :)

Any my recommendation just for my knowledge, may be wrong or right! You need to asking more some guy this forum, and you need to hear before pay!

Hope this help

thangvc

Hi Huy,

It's just my personal feeling, and you are right with my feeling. The DCS is best but when I listen the Vocal, Acoustic, It doesn't feel natural compare to MSB R2-R technique. If you want to hear Tidal, you need to invest better in other Digital system (Such as: Music server, Modem, Switch, Lan cable, optical fiber,....) not just a DAC. Hehe You will have a headache!

My plan is $10k just for single DAC, may be $10k extra more for some more audio accessories => Get a little bit Digital sound quality! 

Hope this help,