IGNORED

Etherregen using mains power cable to deliver data stream from router

I had an ISOREGEN in my system for two weeks now (Auralic Aries G1, ISOREGEN, Mytek Brooklyn with Syntaxx power supply, Auralic Merak power amps, Troels Gravesen design 'The Loudspeaker 2') and I'm very impressed. Now I'm wondering should I add the Etherregen in front of the Aries G1. I use the house mains power cable to deliver the feed from the router to the Aries G1 and wonder if this is an acceptable way to use the etherregen, imo I suspect it is ok.

A second related question: if I use both, what would the ISOREGEN be doing that the etherregen hadn't already done?

Regards

Gordon

You should not use the power cables in your house walls to transmit data on an Ethernet signal, especially sensitive signals like digital audio. Those in-wall cables carry a base signal of 50Hz (or 60Hz in some countries) for the electricity being used and it has to travel through various fuses or circuit breakers, maybe even pulsing lights if your circuits are designed that way. YUK! Just don't do it.

If you have a long distance from router to the desired location of the EtherRegen then consider using fibre-optic cable (The EtherRegen has such a facility built-in).

Regards

GG