IGNORED

Cannot get USBridge Signature to work with Astell & Kern KANN Cube DAC, no Allo login

I’ve been using the USBridge Signature to drive my Astell & Kern KANN player as a DAC via a USB connection to the Allo, it works fine when I switch the KANN to DAC input mode.  I’ve been using the USB Audio DAC sound card type in the Allo devices menu.

Unfortunately, I’ve not had much luck with using my new KANN Cube as a DAC with the same USB connection to the Allo.  The Allo doesn’t seem to be initializing properly for the KANN Cube to recognize it as a USB output device.  My Linksys router and Roon both see the USBridge Signature as a connected audio device.  I’ve rebooted the Allo, the Linksys router and Roon many times to try to fix this.

I found the DAC driver that Astell & Kern provides for the KANN Cube that I was able to install in my PC, the KANN Cube works fine with a direct PC USB connection but not through the Allo via my Ethernet router to my PC.  The “KANN Cube Audio ASIO Driver” appears in the Roon audio device list but initialization fails when I try to enable it (see attached screenshot).

On top of these problems, I cannot login to the Allo through the network anymore (using my PC’s web browser).  I just get a blank Allo screen (see attached screenshot).  I resorted to reconnecting my HDMI monitor to the Allo to view the OS command line information.  I noticed that after the Allo operating system boots, nothing happens for what seems like a long time before the audio and Roon processes start executing and the login command line appears.  I believe that the KANN Cube will not allow me to select DAC input mode until either the KANN Cube Audio ASIO Driver enables properly or (alternatively), “Astell & Kern Player” appears in the Roon active audio device listing.

What do I need to do in order to reach the Allo login screen through the network?  Do I need to type something on a keyboard plugged into the Allo in order for the Roon bridge and audio process initialization to complete and get the command line login prompt?  How can I get the Allo “USB Clean” output connector to look electrically like a valid USB audio output signal connection in order for my KANN Cube to recognize it and allow selection of DAC input mode?

Thank you very much!

Oliver Barrett

B84B0DBB-1FD9-4FAA-8C5B-1216E01BA159.jpeg

C73F3C63-5AA1-4AAB-ABBD-3BDEDC36FACC.jpeg

On 6/7/2020 at 10:53 AM, ORB said:

I’ve been using the USBridge Signature to drive my Astell & Kern KANN player as a DAC via a USB connection to the Allo, it works fine when I switch the KANN to DAC input mode.  I’ve been using the USB Audio DAC sound card type in the Allo devices menu.

Unfortunately, I’ve not had much luck with using my new KANN Cube as a DAC with the same USB connection to the Allo.  The Allo doesn’t seem to be initializing properly for the KANN Cube to recognize it as a USB output device.  My Linksys router and Roon both see the USBridge Signature as a connected audio device.  I’ve rebooted the Allo, the Linksys router and Roon many times to try to fix this.

I found the DAC driver that Astell & Kern provides for the KANN Cube that I was able to install in my PC, the KANN Cube works fine with a direct PC USB connection but not through the Allo via my Ethernet router to my PC.  The “KANN Cube Audio ASIO Driver” appears in the Roon audio device list but initialization fails when I try to enable it (see attached screenshot).

On top of these problems, I cannot login to the Allo through the network anymore (using my PC’s web browser).  I just get a blank Allo screen (see attached screenshot).  I resorted to reconnecting my HDMI monitor to the Allo to view the OS command line information.  I noticed that after the Allo operating system boots, nothing happens for what seems like a long time before the audio and Roon processes start executing and the login command line appears.  I believe that the KANN Cube will not allow me to select DAC input mode until either the KANN Cube Audio ASIO Driver enables properly or (alternatively), “Astell & Kern Player” appears in the Roon active audio device listing.

What do I need to do in order to reach the Allo login screen through the network?  Do I need to type something on a keyboard plugged into the Allo in order for the Roon bridge and audio process initialization to complete and get the command line login prompt?  How can I get the Allo “USB Clean” output connector to look electrically like a valid USB audio output signal connection in order for my KANN Cube to recognize it and allow selection of DAC input mode?

Thank you very much!

Oliver Barrett

B84B0DBB-1FD9-4FAA-8C5B-1216E01BA159.jpeg

C73F3C63-5AA1-4AAB-ABBD-3BDEDC36FACC.jpeg

Forwarded PM please check