IGNORED

Subjective comparison of Software Music Player

On 5/17/2021 at 8:15 PM, EdmontonCanuck said:

I'm sorry, but please explain how this is even possible. How does a software player manipulate the "physical (electromagnetic) structure of the stored data"? This is an extraordinary claim. 

This was asked and described in a couple of other threads and both the threads were shut down 😅. Hopefully it isn't such a back and forth here. I'll just give my "guess" on how it does this, but it does something for sure.

The thing is the data is stored in the cells (assuming SSD) as charges (the microstructure behaves "similar" to capacitors). I don't know how the tool exactly works but the system noise levels (especially ground plane) are different when doing different activity and generally lower when more components are off. When the write happens when the system is at lower noise level, it is likely to do it in a more organized (think of it like charge distribution pattern). Now when you are accessing the data from the cell, you'll be having a noise associated with the access (EM waves and noise is generated when a charge is accelerated). The more organized one are likely to have lesser noise. This whole data/charges goes through a big link of buffers etc before it goes to the usb port and how the specific pattern passes through with its own detectable signature till the DAC is beyond my present comprehension levels.

Anyway, could just give a try. And if an objective analysis is needed, feel free to make a thread in objective fi forum.

On 5/16/2021 at 2:09 PM, Norton said:

Just FYI I have used XXHE 16x into my Oppo205 with no problem.  I would have thought that any DAC that can accept 704/768 would work.

Thanks. I donot have a DAC that supports 705/768 but my friends have and they have trouble setting the highest sample rate to work. A friend of mine was able to get 705 to work but 768 didn't work strangely enough.

• 4 weeks later...
2 hours ago, dongi said:

Can you use Tidal with WTFPLAY or Hysolid?

I don't think you could do that with wtfplay. Hysolid hasn't been updated in a long time so doubtful on that aspect too.

You can try audirvana studio, it should support it I think. Also outputs kernel streaming, which in my experience with other players have given wonderful results.

If you want the full system optimization, then the option would be to run xxhighend or audiophile optimizer in the background to reduce system noise and run the tidal app on top of it! In android you can use usb audio player Pro, it supports tidal streaming and MQA core decode. The MQA core decore plugin is 7$ I think, in case you plan on using it with a MQA renderer.