IGNORED

Article: Review | RAAL-requisite SR1a Earfield Headphone Monitor

I recently received a pair along with the Jot R amp and they are a revelation! I absolutely love them and they are addicting in a way. There are still times when I prefer the Meze Empyreans, because the SR1a earspeakers require your attention at all times, but most of the time it's the SR1as. They are so transparent and so musical; a clear window into the performance and instruments. 

They might replace my speaker listening when I really want to listen to music because my room is not optimized. With the RAALs I just sit down, put on the music (Roon) and go. Deep bass is the only thing lacking (i.e. Daft Punk), but otherwise bass is clear and fast and real. My Harbeth P3ESRs also can't go deep, but they are musical in a similar way. 

I read another review that included a prototype Jot which they described as "brittle" sounding at times. I have only heard the RAALs on the Jot R and I'm curious top hear other impressions vs amps. I can only imagine that introducing the "middle man" converter would take a slight edge off of transparency, but perhaps better amps have their own qualities that are appealing. 

Like I said, a revelation! There's no going back.