IGNORED

USBridge and RoPieee

I bought an Allo USBridge back in 2018 but never got around to play with it! I finally booted it up now that many are stuck at home, I am running into a few issues, looking for help:

1) My USBridge comes with DietPi. I would like to run RiPieee instead. I created a RoPieee microSD with Etcher, stick it in, but the USBridge continues to boot into DietPi, as if it does not see the microSD at all. Can I make the USBridge to run RoPieee instead?

2) In ROON, I can see the USBridge listed as three "atm7059_link". But according to the manual, I should choose "Combo384 Amanero". What am I missing?

Thank you in advance!

discless since 2005

Power: Equitech 5WQ-E | Primary Source: Mac Mini with Pure Music | USB Interface: Soulution 590 | Amps: Dual Devialet D-Premier in Dual Mono mode | Subwoofer: Wilson Benesch Torus + Torus Amp + DSPeaker Anti-Mode 2.0 Dual Core | Speakers: Magico Q1

Semi-Retired Equipment: AudioMachina Maestro S | Aurender S10 | Transporter | TacT 2.2XP | BADA USB | BADA Series 2

18 minutes ago, Masis said:

I bought an Allo USBridge back in 2018 but never got around to play with it! I finally booted it up now that many are stuck at home, I am running into a few issues, looking for help:

1) My USBridge comes with DietPi. I would like to run RiPieee instead. I created a RoPieee microSD with Etcher, stick it in, but the USBridge continues to boot into DietPi, as if it does not see the microSD at all. Can I make the USBridge to run RoPieee instead?

2) In ROON, I can see the USBridge listed as three "atm7059_link". But according to the manual, I should choose "Combo384 Amanero". What am I missing?

Thank you in advance!

Forwarded PM please check

• 9 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Like Masis at start, I have just got around to starting up USBridge Sig, which I'd purchased with Diet Pi.  I have since decided to start with Ropieee, and just downloaded image from their site, flashed to a micro sd card, and started it up.  I have a Katana dac put onto the USBridge Sig, but have not gotten that far, yet.

The OS install, I think, was success.  Although it isn't needed, I had hdmi hooked up to my tv when booting it up for the first time.  I could read that it was successful, and that Ropieee was running.

My difficulty at this point is that I am unable to configure the player.  I think the network connection is good - because I can see the ethernet light up, and the red light on the transport too.  My Roon controller in 'about' part of settings, can see the Ropieee player and it's ip address.  However, when I try to use the GUI by setting my browser for that ip address, I am always unable to connect.

I'm new to all this.  In case anyone has a possible solution, or a clue for me, I could sure use it.  Thanks much.

2 hours ago, Greenhorn said:

Like Masis at start, I have just got around to starting up USBridge Sig, which I'd purchased with Diet Pi.  I have since decided to start with Ropieee, and just downloaded image from their site, flashed to a micro sd card, and started it up.  I have a Katana dac put onto the USBridge Sig, but have not gotten that far, yet.

The OS install, I think, was success.  Although it isn't needed, I had hdmi hooked up to my tv when booting it up for the first time.  I could read that it was successful, and that Ropieee was running.

My difficulty at this point is that I am unable to configure the player.  I think the network connection is good - because I can see the ethernet light up, and the red light on the transport too.  My Roon controller in 'about' part of settings, can see the Ropieee player and it's ip address.  However, when I try to use the GUI by setting my browser for that ip address, I am always unable to connect.

I'm new to all this.  In case anyone has a possible solution, or a clue for me, I could sure use it.  Thanks much.

Have you checked by entering http://ropieee.local or directly via the IP address (example: http://IP address of the player)

I now have ability to reach ropieee gui on USBridge Sig.  I don't know what did the trick.  There was a firmware update and several reboots of our home wifi router - but its so odd only my attempts to access local address on private network was effected.

I'm elated to have done a first pass at configeration.  For first time, I could hear some music coming from the Katana dac on USBridge Sig.  When I get wifi working on it, I'll be able to hear it from better speakers.

I have some questions about how best to implement a display, but will poke around here some and look for what may have worked for other owners of this transport.  Ropieee does not use hdmi, and USBridge Sig doesn't have the connector for the pi ribbon cable.  Some other thing will work, perhaps.

Thanks again for being so kind as to have taken an interest in my first faltering steps on this trip