IGNORED

Usbridge can't set usbdac

Hi,

I tried setting the sound card to usbdac (with the schitt modi 3 powered on and connected to the clean-usb output), but the setting never got saved. It always reverted back to none!

Tried using dietpi-config without the GUI, same behavior. 

I also tried with the Edifier S3000pro, which has a built in usb-dac. Same problem.

Dietpi is ungraded to the latest version. No go.

Please help

Ping15

4 hours ago, ping15 said:

Hi,

I tried setting the sound card to usbdac (with the schitt modi 3 powered on and connected to the clean-usb output), but the setting never got saved. It always reverted back to none!

Tried using dietpi-config without the GUI, same behavior. 

I also tried with the Edifier S3000pro, which has a built in usb-dac. Same problem.

Dietpi is ungraded to the latest version. No go.

Please help

Ping15

Forwarded PM please check

Update,

If I connect the modi 3 to any one of the USB ports on the sparky directly, it is recognized without  problem, and I can actually get pretty decent sound from them.

Just when I tried with the USBridge’s clean USB port, no go!

So its not the software, I guess, since the modi is recognized by the OS.

25 minutes ago, ping15 said:

Update,

If I connect the modi 3 to any one of the USB ports on the sparky directly, it is recognized without  problem, and I can actually get pretty decent sound from them.

Just when I tried with the USBridge’s clean USB port, no go!

So its not the software, I guess, since the modi is recognized by the OS.

• 8 months later...

I am having the same issue. I was able to get everything to work with Volumio, but it would frequently lose connection. I switched back to DietPi, I am able to get audio to output from the Sparky, but when I try to connect from the USBridge I get "error -110", and my dac is no longer recognized as a soundcard. 

On 1/3/2021 at 5:03 AM, gaelen5 said:

I am having the same issue. I was able to get everything to work with Volumio, but it would frequently lose connection. I switched back to DietPi, I am able to get audio to output from the Sparky, but when I try to connect from the USBridge I get "error -110", and my dac is no longer recognized as a soundcard. 

• 2 months later...
1 minute ago, Olaf said:

Dear "Audio_Allo",

I have the same issue with USBridge+Sparky + Dietpi + Allo GUI > Mytek Brooklyn DAC.

What / where is "Forwarded PM ..."?

Where's the solution?

Best regards,

Olaf

Can you please login to dietpi through ssh and share below command results

aplay -l

lsusb

lsusb -t

Also forwarded PM please check

Dear Audio_Allo,

Thanks for your reply. It used to work with Volumio. I can't get it to work with Dietpi-Allo-GUI. That is; no sound although UpNP Android apps and Spotify Connect find the Dietpi device (Allo USBridge_Sparky).

See the outcome with Putty SSH attached of the commands you suggested.

Screenshot_Putty Dietpi 2021-03-31-15-55.jpg

14 hours ago, Olaf said:

Dear Audio_Allo,

Thanks for your reply. It used to work with Volumio. I can't get it to work with Dietpi-Allo-GUI. That is; no sound although UpNP Android apps and Spotify Connect find the Dietpi device (Allo USBridge_Sparky).

See the outcome with Putty SSH attached of the commands you suggested.

Screenshot_Putty Dietpi 2021-03-31-15-55.jpg

I set in the Allo GUI the soundcard from "usb-dac-1.1" (which gave no sound)  to "usb-dac". Still no sound.

Via Putty SSH:

"cat /etc/asound.conf" results in "...No such file or directory"

"cat /proc/asound/card1/pcm0p/sub0/hw_params" (while streaming upnp music) results in "closed"

"aplay -l" shows the Brooklyn DAC.

I changed the usb output from the USBridge to the Sparky; No sound.

In the Mytek Brooklyn DAC I changed the "Sync" function from INT to WCK; No sound.

It used to work with Volumio, so it is no hardware issue.