IGNORED

Article: Review & Measurements | Audeze LCD-1 Headphones

Hey Josh,

Any comment on LCD-1 vs. EL-8?  I understand this would be from memory, with a caveat for that.  I have EL-8s, and am hoping with this being a newer model, that it might improve on the EL-8s sonic performance while also allowing for easier portability.

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/22/2020 at 11:50 AM, JoshM said:

Yes, I think it would be a significant improvement, both based on memory and on Innerfidelity’s measurements of both. The LCD-1 is a much more neutral and much more comfortable headphone. Really the only area the EL-8 surpasses the LCD-1 on paper is in the sub-bass, and I didn’t find that true for me, personally, because I had a difficult time getting a good seal with the EL-8.

Thanks Josh, that is good feedback.  I woudomlgove to have the lower weight, and more compact size of the LCD-1, AND better sound quality than my EL-8s...  I like taking some headphones on the road with me, so size/weight matters, but I do not really enjoy using in ears...

SO/ROON/HQPe: DSD 512-Sonore opticalModuleDeluxe-Signature Rendu optical with Well Tempered Clock--DIY DSC-2 DAC with SC Pure Clock--DIY Purifi Amplifier-Focus Audio FS888 speakers-JL E 112 sub-Nordost Tyr USB, DIY EventHorizon AC cables, Iconoclast XLR & speaker cables, Synergistic Purple Fuses, Spacetime system clarifiers.  ISOAcoustics Oreas footers.                                                       

SONORE computer audio