IGNORED

Wrapping a Speaker for Protection

I made my first foray into high end speakers about a month ago with a set of Paradigm Persona 5F (and center and bookshelf) speakers. What I didn’t anticipate - but should have - is that one of the two towers would be exposed to traffic from my kids. My 3 year old’s toy shopping cart could be potentially vicious. Someone already scuffed that tower, though I was able to easier remove it with polish.

Now that high-end vinyl wraps are being used for exotic cars for protection, I figured one potential solution would be to wrap this speaker in vinyl. The finish is polyurethane, which I know to be a hard and durable finish. The pro I’ve contacted about doing the wrap is hesitant because it’s a speaker (and not a car), but I figured any object with a durable finish should be amenable to wrapping. Has anyone contemplated doing this or, even better, has anyone successfully done it?

Paired with the QX-5 Twenty and AX-5 Twenty, I’m really over the moon with the 2 channel sound of this system. I’d love to keep the speakers in great condition for a long time.