IGNORED

NAS POLL - How much NAS do you need in times of streaming???

!!! THIS IS A NAS POLL !!!! Thanx in advance for your participation ! It's public - Pls pm me, if that's a problem!  

57 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have a 4-bay Synology NAS (918+) with all my files on it, about 1.5tb of music. I am a Roon user, and my core is on an intel NUC. Roon backs-up daily to the NAS. The Synology runs in a raid whilst it also duplicated to my office PC and vice versa, this is also uploaded to Onedrive.

I take a cold back-up from the NAS everyweek and store elsewhere in the house, I suppose I should really store offsite. This backup includes all the music, files and photo's.

I do stream from Qobuz quite a bit but I still use my local files just as much.

I am not sure to be honest @DuckToller. I am still ripping CDs to FLAC, I have about 3500 done and about 2000 to go. No rush really. I listen every day (+Qobuz), TAG, create playlists, like etc and I would not want to lose too much progress if I did need to use a backup. I have one NUC die on me, and I did lose a week. So, it backs every morning 6am, both the NUC and NAS are always on (powered by a HDPLEX psu), so no hassle really.