IGNORED

Article: The Best Version Of… Tears for Fears’ The Hurting and Songs from the Big Chair

On 1/6/2020 at 5:20 PM, JoshM said:

@JoshM

what a great piece! Your TBVO-essays are by far the most valuable content on this site. Period.

Not saying all the rest is not worth reading - not at all! - but your articles stand out big time!

I have to admit - as far as "Songs from the Big Chair" goes - I really like the Steven Wilson Remixes most.

I know they are entirely new mixes and are not really related to the original artists intention of the album, only to Steven Wilsons creative "vision" of the album, which is a pretty "modern" or contemporary take on mixing, sound and timbre.

However, his remixes sound thick, bold, majestic ... and above all: timeless. And touching.

(I also have to admit I give a sh** on the so called artists intention as we really never will be able to understand what it really is ... unless we were present while the album has been produced in the respective studio).

Thanks a lot for the great articles!

Mac Mini, HQPlayer | iFi Zenstream (NAA) | Intona 7055-B | Singxer SDA-6 pro | Vincent SV237 | Buchardt S400 | SPL Phonitor One | Beyer DT1990pro | Avantone Pro Planar II
Desktop: Audirvana Origin | Intona 7054 | SMSL M500MKII | Pro-Ject Stereo Box S | Aperion Novus B5 Bookshelf | Lehmann Rhinelander | Beyer DT700proX