IGNORED

JRMC 15 / Win 7 Rip issues

stan

So there I was, merrily ripping away my cd collection on my new PC and at the end of each day listining to my music on my:

Dell XPS 8100 / Win 7 Ultimate / JRMC 15

Iomega 2tb esata back up

Ayre QB-9

Transparent USB cable

Kimber

Ayre K5xe

Kimber

Mark Levinson 432

Audioquest

Revel Studio 2

Day 1, configure system and software to Computer Audiophile instructions (Exclusive mode, WASAPI, secure rip, FLAC-level 6, 24 bit, no resampling ...

Start ripping and end of day play back - lovely!

All is well!

Day 2, continue ripping but at end of day Brandenberg Concerto will not rip and JRMC locks up - have to use task manager to end JRMC. Try ripping Brandenberg on other Vista PC and all is well.

Day 3, continue ripping music but Brandenberg puts CD drive into a high speed mode that cannot be shut down. Task manager won't open and Win7 shut down locks up - after ~20 min. pull plug!

Day 4, play back of ripped music is corrupt. Everything recoreded after day 1 has hiss/stutter/reduced volume output. CD's played in the CD drive continue to produce excellent playback as well as Internet radio.

I have checked all settings but cannot find the fault so I suspect either computer error or, more likely, operator error.

Please offer any guidance you may have short of cliff jumping!

Thank you,

Stan

FYI, the hiss/stutter problem has been solved by switching to WASAPI Event Style.

Still no solution to the rip problem but am considering a seperate CD drive to handle the rejects.

Still don't see any good instructions on JRMC 15 set up. There are several differances from 14 e.g. in DSP Studio there is no "Source Sample Rate".

JRMC 15 offers ;

No resampling

All sources

Any advise on the sample rate would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan