IGNORED

A little iTunes help for new Mac owner

cgbissett

I received my new iMac on Monday, I had some previous experience with iTunes on my PC, however when I launch iTunes on my Mac I always get the following message "Do you want the application "iTunes.app" to accept incoming network connections?" I am presented with two options (DENY & ALLOW). I am aware of what the connection is, however is it possible to permanently Allow the connection in settings, and therefore disable the message.

Regards Craig

C G Bissett

Try going to System Preferences>Security>Firewall. The firewall should be turned on. Now go to Advanced, and in the center box listing programs, add iTunes and set it to Allow incoming connections.

This works most of the time, but sometimes Apple's security trolls want to still make sure that you're conscious of what apps are communicating with the outside world.

This setting is already enabled. I just quit iTunes, checked the firewall in advanced, it displayed iTunes and was set to allow. I have just launched iTunes again and it asked for permission. Not to worry its not a major issue, I would have preferred it didn't always ask.

Thanks and regards

Craig

C G Bissett