IGNORED

Audiophile grade computer?

joes1234

Answers

1) What is considered an audiophile grade computer?

This is one example of a very high end audiophile grade computer: http://www.phasure.com/index.php?topic=4013.0

I don't own any of these but certainly if I could I would. Forget the laptop mind you I started with one and its ok.

But upgrading to a stand alone PC was large sound wise. I now make my own up. Check Music Server topics in this Forum site. I'm following this thread and planning to make a similar version:

audiophilestyle.com/forums/topic/58514-diy-project-high-performance-audio-pc-with-high-quality-wiring/

2) Will the dac clean out any added noise if there is any from the computer? No but the Oppo 205 is a good Dac. Be wary of adding devices in the chain they do change the sound but I'm never convinced its right. Buy a Dac with good design always a better option.

3) Is the connecting USB wire a consideration? Yes but don't go mad with large sums of money, I do run the Lush II spoken about in these forums about as far money wise I would go it was a big improvement over the stock standard USB wire that came with the Oppo.

Robert