IGNORED

EtherREGEN: Installation, Usage, Difficulty, Questions thread

I had a cable issue with EtherREGEN I installed yesterday.

I connected a shielded cable from the ER A side to my router. I used a smaller piece of shielded cable between the ER B port and my UltraRendu. Initially, this worked well for playing music via Roon.  After a brief period of time, it stopped working.

After trying different cables on both ports without success, I finally substituted non shielded cable between the EtherREGEN and my router. Everything has worked fine since I made this switch, even though the manual indicated that shielded cable would work fine to connect to the router as long as you didn't use shielded cable out of another A side port.  

I did a phone consult with Alex Crespi who confirmed that this cable change should not have made a difference.  However, since both non shielded and shielded cables can be used, I am glad I have the EtherREGEN working as expected.

I'm not sure why I had this issue  I use a good quality Netgear switch - shouldn't be an issue. 

I'm not going to  worry about it - just enjoy the music.

Appreciated the call from Alex Crespi.  It is nice to know that the failure rate for the EtherREGEN is

almost nonexistent.